Troubleshooting tips for uploading and verifying your ID:
- Please note that photos of your ID can be uploaded as well. They do not have to be taken by the webcam. Try using your phone camera or a scanner to take clear pictures of the ID.
- Take the picture in a well lit area. Natural light works best.
- Try to use indirect light for your ID to avoid glare.
- If your webcam can be moved, try setting the ID flat on a tabletop and moving the camera instead of moving the ID.
- Try to have a plain background, like a white piece of paper. Holding it in your fingers can confuse the focusing lens.
- Use an up-to-date version of the Chrome browser.
- Clear your browser cache, restart the browser, and try again.
- Wait 30 minutes between attempts.
Tips for your selfie:
- Make sure the light source is front of you, not behind you.
- Face the camera directly and try to include from the shoulders to the top of your head.
- Try to have a plain wall as a background.
- Try to have indirect light and no backlight.
- Do not wear sunglasses or hats during this process.
- If you were wearing glasses in your ID photo, try wearing them in your selfie photo. If you were not wearing glasses in your ID photo, try removing them for your selfie photo.